ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (7/21) > >>

CGA:
Well I have tried a lot of launchers and come to the same conclusion as many others here, Truelaunchbar is a very nice program and I have stuck to it for years now. One thing that bugs me with other lauchers is that when you make a shortcut to a folder, that shortcut doesn't include the name of the folder, at best it pops up when you hover your mouse over it, very annoying.
And Truleaunchbar does have an easy way of saving the setup. TLB settings->General options->Backup toolbar.

Edvard:
@thomthowolf: Just FYI- PowerPro does all those things. If you don't mind an app launcher that does about a half-billion other things, as well as being as easy to fully configure as a cold fish, it's pretty cool.

Personally, I am hoping for a launcher that will do what I am asking PP to do, but without the zillion other things. PowerPro Lite, if you will.

mouser:
i happen to be a drag+drop fanatic - so you can rest assured that any drag and drop features possible will be implemented; i'm also a big fan of hierarchical menu structures, so i expect that to play a big role in this.  im hoping we can think up some unique functionality.

Hirudin:
Here's an idea that may be unique:

Make it so the shortcuts use relitive paths so that it could be put onto a flash drive and have quick shortcuts to the applications on the drive.

I use a flash drive at work, and it would be awesome if I could have a quick menu to all the apps/documents on the drive.

thomthowolf:
@thomthowolf: Just FYI- PowerPro does all those things. If you don't mind an app launcher that does about a half-billion other things, as well as being as easy to fully configure as a cold fish, it's pretty cool.

Personally, I am hoping for a launcher that will do what I am asking PP to do, but without the zillion other things. PowerPro Lite, if you will.
-Edvard (January 09, 2006, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can configure fish?  Who woulda thought?  I have tested powerpro and sight unseen I would rather take a shot at the fish.  WAY too much capability there, and still not enough pay off to make it worth the time invested. 
I think the thumb drive idea has merit.  I just came to the forum through a bookmark, and was thinking about the "Open in tabs" feature.  Something that would certainly make a launcher unique in my experience would be a simple way of getting to multiple file and/or program launching.  The idea is to have something like checkboxes, so that I could select on the fly multiple things to launch. 
Also, a macro facility(like drag and drop robot?)Maybe some combination of those.  I think I am tired.  I'm going to go configure a fish and go to bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version