ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (6/21) > >>

mouser:
one of the motivations for me in making a launch bar is saving the settings in a nice clear configuration file (which would make it easier to move around, backup, etc.).  the launch bar i currentl use (advanced launch bar) keeps all settings in the registry and i really dislike that.  so the dc one will definitely use a transportable config file.

Innuendo:
Darwin,
Re: WB5...Ohh...I understand now. Post v5 updates. Gotya...

Re: Show Desktop in TLB...I was just getting ready to post that it works fine here when I saw that it is now working fine for you now as well & that it may be a gradual thing that creeps up. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Mouser,
Darwin summed up a lot of strengths of TLB quite well, but I suggest you install it yourself. There's a free trial with no restrictions on usability & that'd be the best way for you to get a grasp on what TLB is capable of doing. We could post all day & not cover everything this little gem can do.

Hirudin:
bonus points to anyone who can figure out what my specialty is from my avatar
--- End quote ---
Anthropology?

Does T.L.B. (1 lower than TLC?) let you create right-click submenus? (Like what Edvard was talking about.)
my Firefox button of course opens Firefox when I click it. A right-click pops up a menu of the category "internet" that includes IE, Filezilla, Opera, and may also include Instant Message and IRC apps, Upload links, etc.
--- End quote ---

Like I said before, my experience with a very similar feature has been VERY beneficial! I hope you consider putting a feature like this into your launch bar mouser!

Darwin:
Hirudin - well done!

thomthowolf:
I currently use PS Hot Launch ( http://www.pssoftlab.com/pshl_info.phtml ), which is not strictly speaking a launch bar, but a fully customizable and freeware menu program that sits in the System Tray and effectively replaces the Start Menu and Quick Launch. In addition to listing and grouping applications as you like, you can do the same with documents, folders, web pages, and email addresses. Configuration is easy with drag and drop. 

Rick

-rkrause (January 06, 2006, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have used hot launch for years, and I echo that since I started using Find and Run I mainly use it for active locations, sort of a shortcut navigator. 
As for what I would want in a launcher:
1.  Drag and Drop configuration
2.  cascading sub menus
3.  One of my favorite features of true launch bar (which I still use on my home machine) is the ability to drag a file into a folder located on any of my submenus. 
4 Access to windows featured locations (like network places, or the control panel) with a single click

I guess that, in general, I would want it to be easy and fast to set up, and just as easy to change, along with being easy to transfer from one computer to another. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version