ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (16/21) > >>

cyberdiva:
That's a lot of money for a program launcher & scripting utility. Sure, the ActiveWords implementation is on steroids, but still...that's a lot more expensive than any of their competitors.
-Innuendo (May 04, 2009, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't look into what alternatives there were.  I didn't think I needed or wanted ActiveWords, so I never investigated what else might be out there.  A friend kept bugging me to give it a try.  I finally did, and soon I was hooked.  I use it multiple times a day every day.  I might add that you can try it free for 60 days--a pretty generous amount of time.  Also, the purchase price entitles you to install it on all your computers.  Still, there may be other programs as varied and capable as ActiveWords for less $--I just never looked for any.

saxydan:
Ach, I've tried them all, but one became habit-forming and now I can't get away from it: KeyLink. Once you start using it, you're hooked.

Nuff sed. Get it from http://www.strgwin.de ...

I'm not connected to it in any way, but it's got me connected to just about everything on my PC.

rjbull:
KeyLink. Once you start using it, you're hooked.-saxydan (May 09, 2009, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

@saxydan: how does KeyLink compare with SlickRun, please?

wraith808:
When it comes to launch bars there are two kinds...There's TrueLaunchBar....and there's everything else. ;D

Seriously, if anyone is looking to program a launch bar program then TrueLaunchBar is truly the one app above all others that needs to be studied very closely. What it can do out of the box is amazing. What it can do coupled with the plugins that have been written for it is nothing short of mind-staggering. TLB is the best of show in this category of apps and is the one to beat. It's greatest strength, IMHO, is that it starts with what is familiar to everyone (Quick Launch) and builds upon it with tons of functionality without becoming intrusive or obstructive. It's so good that even my stinginess had to relent and purchase a license the last time it was on sale.
-Innuendo (January 07, 2006, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1.  I don't use it anymore, because I've become used to my shortcuts in direct access, but I keep thinking that the quick launch bar needs a friend, even if I don't use it much LOL

cyberdiva:
I'm quite new to launch bars.  Before I decided to give LaunchBar Commander a try, I'd never thought about using one.  Of course, the description of TrueLaunchBar aroused my curiosity, so I took a look.  Perhaps I'm too new to all this to appreciate how it's different from LBC.  The only thing of importance that I could see was the plugins.  Those are pretty impressive!  But other than that, what does it offer that LBC does not?  I'm not asking that in a hostile way--I'm just trying to understand the differences between the two apps.

Thanks in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version