ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anybody Here Use SeaMonkey (2.0)?

<< < (3/3)

dantheman:
Tuxman, dat's a good tip!  Thanks!   :Thmbsup:

BTW, i just checked resource usage and Seamonkey seems to be stable at using a third less than Firefox.
Thunderbird b4 uses just as much as Firefox. So, alltogether, you save quite a bit if using Seamonkey as browser and email client.   :)

Tuxman:
Firefox 3.6 beta 1 seems to take less resources (subjectively).. however, Seamonkey was never my choice. I don't like its "look and feel".

dantheman:
Seamonkey does feel a bit archaic but, hey! who doesn't like the retro look sometimes?!

BTW, i just tested Alfred Kayer's LittleMonkey theme which isn't compatible with 2 yet (created boolean with extensions.checkCompatibility - set to false as you suggested) and it's not doing too bad! I did however notice a mild boost in resources but it's still under Firefox 3.6 b1 on my XP Home.

Tuxman:
Seamonkey does feel a bit archaic but, hey! who doesn't like the retro look sometimes?!-dantheman (November 02, 2009, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
A browser is something I see all the time. I don't want to have a retro look on my still quite modern notebook.  :P
(I don't actually need any look while browsing, but I added a dozen of buttons which are useful in some cases...)

chasingclouds:
My gripe with Seamonkey 1.18 and before was the failure of the email to keep the extensions when up dating. Having to reinstall UK English dictionary every time is irritating for a start. Now 'official' version 2.0 installed without picking up the UK English dictionary so it looks like this may be an ongoing thing. Pity, I like the SeaMonkey format but not the reinstallation of previously installed extensions, which Thunderbird and Firefox seem to cope with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version