ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Features removed from Win7 - do we miss them?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tuxman:
ClearType cannot be turned off entirely in order for the user interface font
--- End quote ---
"It's not a bug, it's a feature"? Awful on better resolutions.

Classic Start menu
--- End quote ---
The reason for me not to install Windows 7.

That's it, basically...

Curt:
I have always been a sucker for add-ons. This list certainly gives me hope for the future for applications that will extend the usability of Windows 7...

Here & now I am sadly surprised that my Windows Media Player not will be allowed to minimize to taskbar integration. This probably means I will "need" to also get myself a widescreen monitor?

The Classic Start Menu can most likely be replaced by third party applications.

f0dder:
Only thing I've missed in Win7 compared to XP is floating appbands - I used to use them for a bunch of different shortcuts... and when I moved to Win7, mouser's LaunchBarCommander didn't work properly (dunno if he's bugfixed it yet :)). Other than that, pretty much everything else has been a step in the right direction for me.

Josh:
Am I the only one that is personally glad they removed the "Classic" start menu from Windows?

f0dder:
Am I the only one that is personally glad they removed the "Classic" start menu from Windows?
-Josh (October 22, 2009, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nope :)

Even though I rarely use the start menu because of FARR, the Vista style start menu is a pretty big improvement over the classic. Of course MS could've kept the classic menu for the people who refuse to change, but whatever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version