ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

How to kill off the "Open File - Security Warning" dialog box

(1/1)

bumblefoot2004:
IDEA: I need something that can stop Windows from displaying the "Open File - Security Warning" every time I try to run an .EXE executable file. I clear the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox so it won't appear again, but it still does. If this can be killed off with a registry setting, please let me know. Here's what I'm talking about:

gexecuter:
yeah i have that too (in my windows xp home instalation) if you have xp pro there's a method for removing that annoyance tough i don't remember how exactly. so google is your best friend now, use him.

tranglos:
The setting lives in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Security. Click "Custom level". About half-way through the very long list in this dialog, under "Miscellaneous", there is a setting like "Launching applications and unsafe files" (I have a Polish version of Windows, not entirely sure about the Englisyh labels). By default this is set to Prompt, so you can change it to "Enable".

Caveat: I don't usually download files through IE, but check to make sure that setting this option to Enable will *not* also mean ie will automatically execute any .exe you click on. (It shouldn't, but check to be safe.)

Ehtyar:
If you're using Firefox, you need to enter about:config and create a new boolean preference with the name 'browser.download.manager.skipWinSecurityPolicyChecks' and set it to 'true'.

After some quick searching I was unable to find an appropriate method of disabling the dialog box globally. However, if you're attempting to run the offending executable as part of a script, try setting the 'SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS' environment variable to '1' prior to executing the application.

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
this was asked before but i'm not sure how it was resolved, do check out some of the related threads here..

• https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=5459.0
• https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17199.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version