ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Worst Win7 reviews (ongoing)

<< < (4/5) > >>

sajman99:
Not a review per se, but I got a kick out of Five Super-Secret Features in Windows 7.

Among the ultra secrets are... dual-boot software known as Training Camp to run Mac OS X and software that turns normal LCDs into touchscreens. Good Stuff. ;D

Paul Keith:
@jgpaiva

Darn. I was hoping it didn't require adding repositories. I haven't learned that yet.

I followed the steps in Mint 7 to get Software Sources installed.

Added the deb and deb src and copy pasted the public key block into a text file and renamed it into .gpg imported and reloaded it and didn't discover dockbarx in Synaptic so I went and type apt-get install dockbarX but when I go to usr/bin/ all I see is a dockbarX.py and executing it does nothing.

Paul Keith:
Nevermind. I didn't realize it was a gnome applet and I already had it installed.

enar:

.....thought this was supposed to be a "worst Win7 reviews" area.........  :huh:

Anyhew here's my contribution.... http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1460760/windows_7_review_the_worst_dos_menu.html

Actually, what this person says applies to Linux, Mac, Windows, etc.... He's probably still using DOS and playing pong on his Atari 'Home Pong' console.

f0dder:
Actually, what this person says applies to Linux, Mac, Windows, etc.... He's probably still using DOS and playing pong on his Atari 'Home Pong' console.-enar (November 16, 2009, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Heh.

I'll have to agree that modern OSes are a bit too bloated for my taste, but that guy (or at least his "article") is pretty moronic... there's so much more in an OS than just a network stack and a "menu to launch applications" :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version