ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Worst Win7 reviews (ongoing)

<< < (2/5) > >>

zridling:
For someone who hates Windows and moved to Linux and has been raving about it ever since you sure do post a lot of Windows topics.-tanis424 (October 21, 2009, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! I've truly enjoyed Linux and can't wait for the new openSUSE release next month. Win7 is what Vista should have been. While I distinctly hate Microsoft in myriad ways, I'm happy that those who do choose to use Windows will be getting back to a decent experience for a change.

Innuendo:
While I distinctly hate Microsoft in myriad ways, I'm happy that those who do choose to use Windows will be getting back to a decent experience for a change.-zridling (October 24, 2009, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

And that's what it's all about...people being happy on their chosen platform. Also, when one platform gains a really useful feature it provides a little competition. Then the others can copy, refine, and enhance that feature making it even better.

As much as some Mac and Linux users hate to admit it there *are* some really nice features in Windows 7 & I can't wait to see how these other two platforms react and improve their OSes in response.

zridling:
And that's what it's all about...people being happy on their chosen platform. Also, when one platform gains a really useful feature it provides a little competition. Then the others can copy, refine, and enhance that feature making it even better. As much as some Mac and Linux users hate to admit it there *are* some really nice features in Windows 7 & I can't wait to see how these other two platforms react and improve their OSes in response.-Innuendo (October 24, 2009, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe Windows users will be very happy with 7, and will squat on that version for years. I like the overall polish, something that was missing from Vista, and for the year in beta, there's been no real problems to speak of for testers.

For a Linux user, it's still the applications. Most of my computing these days is done in the cloud, but until some folks get Photoshop on Linux, they won't be happy. But don't look for Linux to envy Win7's UI. KDE was there 16 months ago and has really gotten better (I can make it look list Win7, Vista, or OSX if I want, but the original KDE is -- for me -- better than all those). And the OSX UI is undeniably cool all around.

jgpaiva:
KDE was there 16 months ago and has really gotten better (I can make it look list Win7, Vista, or OSX if I want, but the original KDE is -- for me -- better than all those)
-zridling (October 25, 2009, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's really cool!
Could you direct me somewhere where I can make kde have that taskbar just like win7? If so, that might be my last drop to move from gnome to kde :)

zridling:
The KDE 4.x default is it, only it provides more flexibility with regard to widget and process placements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version