ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (167/212) > >>

cranioscopical:
My father's favorite expression was "It's not what you know.  It's who you know."  :)

Unfortunately he never introduced me to anyone useful.  :(
-MilesAhead (April 11, 2017, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, what do you know!

MilesAhead:
My father's favorite expression was "It's not what you know.  It's who you know."  :)

Unfortunately he never introduced me to anyone useful.  :(
-MilesAhead (April 11, 2017, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, what do you know!
-cranioscopical (April 18, 2017, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I wasted a lot of time learning how to do stuff instead of who to do it for.  :)  It is pretty funny when I think about it.  My father did not have a gregarious personality.  But he ran for public office three times.  I suspect he didn't really want to win very badly.  The large Irish enclave is South Boston.  When my sister told him she was going to get married and live there he asked her "why do you want to be around those kind of people?"  He should have tried for an appointed position if he wanted to get into government.  :)

Edit: The comment started out as a play on "vast web of connections."  Made me think of the "who you know" homily my father favored.  :)

cranioscopical:
The comment started out as a play on "vast web of connections."
-MilesAhead (April 18, 2017, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I got that. Now that you say so, I think I spied a pun in there somewhere.

Shades:
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I got that. Now that you say so, I think I spied a pun in there somewhere.
-cranioscopical (April 18, 2017, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Are we really going down the wire with this?  :P

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---
-cranioscopical (April 18, 2017, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh.  Fortunately in Miami I don't have to worry about coming in from the cold.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version