ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (166/212) > >>

MilesAhead:
More like a short story, but I followed up When They Come From Space by Mark Clifton, with Do Unto Others.  I suspect Mark viewed Imperialism(tm) with a jaundiced eye to say the least.  :)

I have a few more of his eBooks to curb my appetite until my Green Lantern anthology arrives at the Library.  :)

cranioscopical:
The Holographic Universe
The Revolutionary Theory Of Reality
by Michael Talbot

Published in 1991 but new to me.
"...all matter exists in a vast web of connection"

An interesting challenge to my own existentialist view of life, viz. nothing matters and what if it did.

MilesAhead:
"...all matter exists in a vast web of connection"

-cranioscopical (April 10, 2017, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

My father's favorite expression was "It's not what you know.  It's who you know."  :)

Unfortunately he never introduced me to anyone useful.  :(

Target:
found this site this morning, and if any of you are anything like me (who hates picking up a book only to find you're half way through (or worse, at the end!!) a series it's likely useful

http://www.orderofbooks.com/ - purports to list book series in order.  Its clearly not comprehensive, but its certainly worth keeping up your sleeve :)

MilesAhead:
found this site this morning, and if any of you are anything like me (who hates picking up a book only to find you're half way through (or worse, at the end!!) a series it's likely useful

http://www.orderofbooks.com/ - purports to list book series in order.  Its clearly not comprehensive, but its certainly worth keeping up your sleeve :)
-Target (April 17, 2017, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another good resource is the Wiki.  If you look up the author often there are sections for series with the books in order.  In addition books not officially in the series that transpire in the same universe may be noted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version