ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (157/212) > >>

wraith808:
That is why it is generally preferable to upload images directly to the DC forum itself rather than use an external image hosting service: So that images attached to posts will stick around as long as the forums do, rather than for as long as the external site keeps them around.

We've lost some good stuff due to 3rd party image hosting. :(
-Deozaan (November 07, 2016, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

For silly stuff, however, I upload it to the 3rd party.  It takes space and bandwidth from DC, and drives up costs.  There are pros and cons to both ways.

panzer:
Skipped (unfinished):

panzer:

kyrathaba:
Rick Yancey's "The Fifth Wave" trilogy.

MilesAhead:
I have been reading the Culture Series by Iain Banks

I haven't been able to read them in order.  I started with The Hydrogen Sonata since it was on the shelf in the local library.  Fortunately they are not tightly coupled.  The commonality is the protagonist gets involved with a group in The Culture known as Special Circumstances.  A section of the civilization's intelligence agency that influences events through clandestine action.

I am trying to finish up Surface Detail.  I have Excession on hold for a couple more days.  No way do I wish to lug both about town simultaneously.  They tend to be hardcover tomes.  :)

Needless to say, the author uses the situations and special circumstances of civilizations with technology thousands of years ahead of ours to draw some parallels to the moral quandaries we face.

What books are you reading?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version