ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (153/212) > >>

tomos:
^ Watership Down, still remember it reasonably well from reading it in the seventies as a young fella.
(I'm starting to sound like an auld fella now :P)

panzer:

MilesAhead:
A Voyage to Arcturus
-rjbull (September 19, 2016, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if this is mentioned in the other thread, but the book is available as a free eBook

app103:
I am currently reading a book by a former employer. I had legal issues with him in the early 90's, related to wrongful termination and gender discrimination, and since I don't want him to make more money, especially at my expense, I bought it used for $0.01.  :D

I'd tell you what the title is, but as I said...I don't want to help him make money. It's light "educational" reading, chock full of anecdotes, targeted at small business owners. So if you are into that sort of thing, PM me and perhaps I'll mail the book to you when I am finished with it. So far, there is nothing really earth shattering in it that will help you make a million bucks, so it's a rather useless piece of entertainment.

MilesAhead:
I bought it used for $0.01
-app103 (October 12, 2016, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is quite a bargain.  Reminds me of the old 3 stooges routine where they are hawking something: "One for a dollar.  Three for a quarter."  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version