ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (137/212) > >>

MilesAhead:

More Jack Vance.  I finished Emphyrio.  A fun read.

The Alastor trilogy is about a cluster of 30,000 planets inhabited by humans.  One man is the supreme ruler(starts to sound like I Worship His Shadow here.)  :)  Two things I do like about Vance's adventures in the "Gaean Reach" are 1) the people speak the same language and 2) Vance does not try to get into the nitty gritty details of space ship drive systems and time dilation and all the rest of it.  Man has colonized many planets for thousands of years.  If you want to go from one planet to another you get in a space craft, plot a course and let the computer worry about it.

I am only a few pages in but so far it looks like fun.  :)

Attronarch:
Currently reading:

Not bad, and I did successfully use it. I've also seen it used by bigger players in the market. Still, I don't really like the format and find it a little bit hipsterish.

Next read:

panzer:

MilesAhead:
I gave up on Alastor.  The font was just too hard on the eyes.  I switched to the Jack Vance novel

I finished it just now.  The Gray Prince is the leader of a movement to recover the land grabbed by human "Land Barons" from indigenous tribes, of which the Gray Prince is a member.  I won't give anymore detail as it is a short novel so why not just read it to find out for yourself?

kyrathaba:
I'm currently reading For Love Of Mother-Not by Alan Dean Foster, the first of the Flinx novels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version