ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (108/212) > >>

kyrathaba:
An Intro to GCC Compilers, by Brian Gough

kyrathaba:
Prof. Rob Miles' "C# Yellow Book"

MilesAhead:
Stross! The man
--- End quote ---

I just finished GlassHouse.

From the perspective of the civilization wherein resides the main character, we are living in The Dark Ages(tm.)  I won't say more to avoid spoiling the surprises.  Although I must say if gender shifting or role reversal weirds you out don't bail on the novel.  It's handled in such a way that it doesn't feel creepy.

I have a feeling the next few Sci Fi novels I read will be by this author.  :)

ewemoa:
Although I'm a bit concerned about the future of the Ketai library, am reading Rapid Android Development:

What books are you reading?

blurb from the aforementioned linked page:

Create mobile apps for Android phones and tablets faster and more easily than you ever imagined. Use “Processing,” the free, award-winning, graphics-savvy language and development environment, to work with the touchscreens, hardware sensors, cameras, network transceivers, and other devices and software in the latest Android phones and tablets.

--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
I'm nearly finished with Accelerando

The Singularity. It is the era of the posthuman. Artificial intelligences have surpassed the limits of human intellect. Biotechnological beings have rendered people all but extinct. Molecular nanotechnology runs rampant, replicating and reprogramming at will. Contact with extraterrestrial life grows more imminent with each new day.
--- End quote ---

The blurb makes it sound like Terminator: Man vs Machine.  But it's an amusing tale of the transition of humans from merely "meat brained" to augmented integration with technology.  Fun reading.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version