ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (106/212) > >>

40hz:

Grendel by John Gardener.

This is the Beowulf legend narrated from the monster Grendel's point of view. (Grendel is the ultimate nihilist.)

Utterly brilliant and beautifully styled (see samples below). Highly recommended. :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba:
I recently read Brian Lumley's "Necroscope". Outstanding!  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
^ One of my favourite series that I reread every couple of years or so, certainly a different, (and more interesting IMHO), take on the vampire mythos.

40hz:
Working my way through Mark Minasi's latest 1700-page server opus: Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2

What books are you reading?

1700 pages of solid reading with a much heavier emphasis on the command line and PowerShell scripting this time around. (You'll need to have at least a moderate acquaintance with PowerShell and a general understanding of OUs and GPOs to get the most out of this book.) This is not a good textbook for complete beginners. W2K12-R2 has several curve balls plus some new surprises and 'features.' It's different enough that even people who have been with Windows Server since the NT days will have a lot of info to catch up on (and digest) with this release. And Minasi's book definitely fast tracks you through it.

A very good book for experienced and/or 'pro' readers. Less experienced users, or people completely new to Windows Server, might want to look elsewhere.
 8)

Target:
I'm a bit surprised this one hasn't gotten a guernsey yet - Thinkertoys by Michael Michalko

IMHO it's a good read and a great resource

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version