ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (103/212) > >>

kyrathaba:
I'm reading Tagged: The Apocalypse, by Joseph Chiron. Actually,  proofreading it.

40hz:
Looks like Meg Russof's book How I Live Now, which I previously recommended here, is coming to the screen:

Be interesting to see how closely it follows the book - no that there's any reason why it can't. The movie Elizabeth looks a little healthier than I imagined the book character to be. (In the book, she doesn't care to eat beyond absolute necessity for two reasons: (1) it drives her parents crazy; (2) she "kinda likes" the sensation of feeling very hungry.)

Could be worth seeing...

kyrathaba:
I recently read "Irrefutable Proof" by Abby Vandiver. I don't recommend it.

I'm currently reading The Towers of the Sunset by L. E. Modesett, Jr.

skwire:
I'm currently reading The Towers of the Sunset by L. E. Modesett, Jr.-kyrathaba (February 28, 2014, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice!  I loved The Saga of Recluce series.  Wonderful books.   :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Just finishing up: "Biological Learning and Control: How the Brain Builds Representations, Predicts Events, and Makes Decisions" By Reza Shadmehr and Sandro Mussa-Ivaldi

Not as good as I hoped from the table of contents -- nothing really new.  At least it moves the ball forward slightly in terms of identifying control topics that need addressing.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/biological-learning-and-control

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version