ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (90/212) > >>

dspelley:
Burglars Can't Be Choosers

First in the entertaining Bernie Rhodenbarrr "Burglar" series.

TaoPhoenix:
Learning made fun:
"I am a bug" - notes on software development and other tech activities.

http://www.amibug.com/iamabug/p01.html

Because:
1. Adorable pictures for the "Executive Summary" when you are too tired to think.
2. Nice "pop-up" explanations for when you can feel like reading actual ... words! (gasp!) But still broad enough for non-programmers like me!
3. Give it to a child without the software stuff - the power of subversive learning: priceless!
8)

kyrathaba:
Finished the 10-book Abyssal Plague series, and since then have read all 10 T. H. Lain books, ending with The Death Ray.

40hz:
Just finished Clive Barker's Tortured Souls: The Legend of Primordium - a series of six short stories released as individual chapters packaged with an action figure. I thank my friend Mike for letting me borrow his collection (sans figures) to read.

If you're a fan of Clive Barker, or just curious to delve into more of the vision that produced the Cenobites and the Hellraiser universe, this is a disturbing addition to the corpus.

Cautionary note: Mssr. Barker has both a vision, and a very good descriptive handle, on a dark realm of absolute evil and those that call it home. Clive's bad guys go well beyond the baddest of the bad. We are talking stark satanic evil here. Not for the faint hearted or those who are easily shocked. I'm fairly hardheaded when it comes to fiction since I know it's just a story. But some of Clive's scenes and concepts even I found to be more than a little disturbing. Reader discretion advised.

Here's an excerpt from the first book. It deals with a character called Agonistes. It is implied (though never stated) that Agonistes is the creator of the Cenobites found in Hellraiser. Those who follow the Hellraiser series will probably recognize him/her/it as the enigmatic creature the Cenobites call The Engineer.
 :tellme:

app103:
I am reading the Connie Francis autobiography "Who's Sorry Now?" which I am not sure why I even own it, but I can't get rid of it to make room on my bookshelf for something else until I have read it, so I am. So far, I'd rate it as a great cure for insomnia, with more fluff than my pillow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version