ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (89/212) > >>

4wd:
Just finished all 14 books of Andy McNab' Nick Stone series, now onto Flashforward by Robert Sawyer.

Question for all you book nuts, anyone know where I can get ebook versions of L. P. Davies'w novels?

My dad has most of his in hardcover, so I can always go nick them, but I'd like to read them again, (it's some of the best sci-fi I've read), on my phone rather than cart a book around.

Actually, I should nick them anyway before they end up in an Op Shop.  :-\

kyrathaba:
@40hz: There's a new biography of C. S. Lewis out by Alister McGrath.

http://www.thethoughtfulchristian.com/Products/9781613753798/c-s-lewis--a-life-eccentric-genius-reluctant-prophet.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/C-S-Lewis-Eccentric-Reluctant/dp/1414339356/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368139172&sr=8-1&keywords=eccentric+genius+reluctant+prophet

40hz:
@k - thx for the heads up on  on that new bio. Looks really good! :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:
From Pilgrim's recent post:

I was a prolific reader in those days and I very soon exhausted our own library, fortunately the Abbot gave me a special dispensation to go into the local town every couple of weeks to use the public library.

He considered me to be quite studious but it wasn't strictly true. In one of our unused storerooms I had found a big old copy of a commentary on the bible, you know the sort of thing, leather cover and a clasp to prevent it coming open. I cleaned it up and carried it everywhere but what he didn't know was that I had hollowed it out and used to use it for storing books by authors like Agatha Christie, G.K. Chesterton, and D.H. Lawrence, none of whom were on the order's list of required reading.

My visits to the public library carried on for some time but they sadly came to an end when I took out this young librarian.
-pilgrim (May 13, 2013, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
:)

TaoPhoenix:
Meanwhile I'm reading a few Maupassant short stories this week/month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version