ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (81/212) > >>

kyrathaba:
the action scenes, specifically with regard to combat, are good. I may cease and desist if it gets too lurid. then again, I may increase my reading pace  ;D

ewemoa:
The third book is very interesting but I'm finding it takes a lot
-ewemoa (November 16, 2012, 04:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you need a second brain to get through the third book?  :P
-Darwin (March 21, 2013, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

He he -- good one :)

40hz:
the action scenes, specifically with regard to combat, are good. I may cease and desist if it gets too lurid. then again, I may increase my reading pace  ;D
-kyrathaba (March 21, 2013, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, a faster pace might explain the heavier breathing... :P ;D

nidusin:
If anyone wants easy, engaging reads that they CAN'T PUT DOWN I have a hearty recommendation here for:
Ernest Cline - Ready Player One.
"It’s the year 2044, and the real world is an ugly place.

Like most of humanity, Wade Watts escapes his grim surroundings by spending his waking hours jacked into the OASIS, a sprawling virtual utopia that lets you be anything you want to be, a place where you can live and play and fall in love on any of ten thousand planets.

And like most of humanity, Wade dreams of being the one to discover the ultimate lottery ticket that lies concealed within this virtual world. For somewhere inside this giant networked playground, OASIS creator James Halliday has hidden a series of fiendish puzzles that will yield massive fortune—and remarkable power—to whoever can unlock them." - http://www.readyplayerone.com/synopsis

I've put half a dozen people onto this book and had rave replies from all. If you survived the eighties and are interested in tech and/or games you'll like it.

And
Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files
"
Harry Dresden – Wizard

Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or
Other Entertainment.
" - The sign on Harry's office door

This series really grabs you. Harry Dresden's sense of humor and sarcastic wit as he thwarts the forces of evil have given me more than my fair share of chuckles. Highly recommended.

kyrathaba:
I have the Dresden Files but haven't yet begun to delve into them. You've sold me on "Ready Player One". I'll look into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version