ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (64/212) > >>

Attronarch:
The Machine That Changed The World

But if you find yourself too readily buying into her Objectivist Philosophy, do yourself a favor and read this and this afterwards.-40hz (August 29, 2012, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now, that was quite interesting and fun read.

40hz:
The Machine That Changed The World

But if you find yourself too readily buying into her Objectivist Philosophy, do yourself a favor and read this and this afterwards.-40hz (August 29, 2012, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now, that was quite interesting and fun read.
-Attronarch (August 29, 2012, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1! Real philosophical discussions usually are if you take the time to read and digest them. And Bob Nozick is always a good read. Check out this book Anarchy, State, and Utopia for more. :up:

Shades:
(Please don't ask me what I consider to be the the most dangerous books ever written. :nono2:)-40hz (August 29, 2012, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
There's two of them, isn't there? (Perhaps three, if you consider the first book to consist of and old and a new part).
-f0dder (August 29, 2012, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes two. One consisting of an old part and a new part, plus its "next generation" sequel. Put them together and they've probably provided the 'rationale' and the 'justification' for more bloodshed and suffering than anything else ever written.
 8)
-40hz (August 29, 2012, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

The sequel...would that be the one from the L.D.S.? (We would be in total agreement if that is the case)

40hz:
(Please don't ask me what I consider to be the the most dangerous books ever written. :nono2:)-40hz (August 29, 2012, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
There's two of them, isn't there? (Perhaps three, if you consider the first book to consist of and old and a new part).
-f0dder (August 29, 2012, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes two. One consisting of an old part and a new part, plus its "next generation" sequel. Put them together and they've probably provided the 'rationale' and the 'justification' for more bloodshed and suffering than anything else ever written.
 8)
-40hz (August 29, 2012, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

The sequel...would that be the one from the L.D.S.? (We would be in total agreement if that is the case)
-Shades (August 30, 2012, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops. Make that three books. ;D

TaoPhoenix:
I tend to only read parts of books lately. (A few years now.)

It's because when I do projects I work laterally, so any one book basically only has 1-6 chapters that really fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version