ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (25/212) > >>

MerleOne:
I had a look at several titles, pre-2002 published (I know it was released in French between 1988 and 2002), but did not found any so far that would match the synopsis.  But I have not checked the full list yet...

mahesh2k:
Ah thanks for lovecraft suggestion.  :)

i finished these books:

1. Mistakes were made but not by me - Carol tavris

2. Rapid development - Steve mcconel

3.  Linchpin - Seth godin

mark1959:
Couple which are at opposite ends of the spectrum:

The Mighty Walzer - Howard Jacobsen; hilarious and the best 'sporting' novel ever (it's about table tennis)
Feast of The Goat - Mario Vargas Llosa; very dark indeed but compelling

kyrathaba:
Just finished "Dragon Tears" (Dean Koontz).

Now reading "Under the Dome" (Stephen King).

Darwin:
I just read "Feed" by M.T. Anderson (have a student reading it) and enjoyed it immensely. The premise is a dystopic future in which computers and an internet-type feed are hardwired into our bodies and integrated directly into our thoughts. So... people walk around with constant advertising targetting them depending on what they are looking at/passing, and carry on private text conversations with others, share memories, including smells and other tactile senses, with each other, etc.

I'm about to start reading Michael Connelly's latest, "Reversal" and have also started Harry Turtledove's "How Few Remain".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version