ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (10/212) > >>

cranioscopical:
I know all about the desperation that comes from trying to get others to do things!
-Darwin (February 07, 2010, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Managed it quite well with Sarah, you sly devil!  ;)

kyrathaba:
Hmm, let's see... of the last ten books I read, five were re-reads (Roger Zelazny's "Chronicles of Amber"), three were Dean Koontz novels, and the other two were Roger MacBride Allen's "The Ring of Charon", and Richard Kadrey's "Sandman Slim".

I'm still in the process of reading the Borland Delphi Language Guide, and the Inform 7 Handbook by Jim Aiken.

SKesselman:
I know all about the desperation that comes from trying to get others to do things!
-Darwin (February 07, 2010, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Managed it quite well with Sarah, you sly devil!  ;)-cranioscopical (February 07, 2010, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cranio,
Your deliverance of my social naiveté was hardly necessary...
You don't have to dig too deep to see how few of these clever skills I actually possess.
Otherwise, why would I succumb to to the temptation to buy these books in the first place?

mouser:
Here's the book I'm planning to start on next week:
http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Computational-Brain-Cognitive-Neuroscience/dp/1405122889/

I'm a very big fan of Randy Gallistel ("Organization of Action" and "Organization of Learning" are very much under-appreciated in neuroscience community i think).

Anyone who wants to read along with me is welcome to order it and discuss; haven't seen the book in person yet so i can't vouch for it's quality ahead of time.

cranioscopical:
You don't have to dig too deep to see...
-SKesselman (February 07, 2010, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
The elegant social skills that I have witnessed you deploy here belie your words.
Swaying a few others to your ways would be worth a book or three!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version