ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (7/212) > >>

40hz:
Books? Wow do they still make them things?  :D-SteveJohnSteele (November 09, 2009, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. They do...  :)

Ive opened a few PDFs recently does that count?
--- End quote ---

No. It doesn't...  :P

Ive been trying to get all my paperbacks in PDF format, then get the PC to read them to me hehe  :P

--- End quote ---

Now that sounds like an interesting idea.  :Thmbsup:

But I was thinking of maybe first trying to find an attractive woman who loves to read aloud, and having her over for tea... Oh wait! I've got one of those already. ;)

Sure beats buying AudioBooks at Barnes & Noble! ;D

Deozaan:
I'm currently reading through The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and it's becoming more and more evident that I am not a highly effective person... yet!

kishjeff:
cryptonomicon by neal stephenson. seems amusing so far.

Olgeva:
I read the book Hawthorne N. The Scarlet Letter. " Normally

Thought it might be nice to have a thread where we could talk about what books we are reading and share thoughts and recommendations, etc.

This week I finally started going through Chris Bishop's "Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning":
http://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Recognition-Learning-Information-Statistics/dp/0387310738

(see attachment in previous post)

So far i'm really liking it, though its more heavy on math and lacking in higher-level discussion than i would like.
-mouser (October 16, 2009, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

rgdot:
Finished reading Smart Networking by Liz Lynch
To me books that attempt to teach relationship or networking skills always lack something and it is not a fault of the author. For someone to be able to do all they teach one must already be able to jump the greatest barrier, ie the first and initial step to get into the door.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version