ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (209/212) > >>

mouser:
The Emperor of Scent:
https://www.amazon.com/Emperor-Scent-Story-Perfume-Obsession/dp/0375759816
What books are you reading?

"The Emperor of Scent tells of the scientific maverick Luca Turin, a connoisseur and something of an aesthete who wrote a bestselling perfume guide and bandied about an outrageous new theory on the human sense of smell. Drawing on cutting-edge work in biology, chemistry, and physics, Turin used his obsession with perfume and his eerie gift for smell to turn the cloistered worlds of the smell business and science upside down, leading to a solution to the last great mystery of the senses: how the nose works."

cranioscopical:
how the nose works
-mouser (April 17, 2021, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't forget Turin's archenemy, Nobody Nose.

MilesAhead:
how the nose works
-mouser (April 17, 2021, 01:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't forget Turin's archenemy, Nobody Nose.
-cranioscopical (April 17, 2021, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hear he was a prowd individual.   8)

MilesAhead:
Having exhausted the available Jack Reacher novels I have been going through the Mitch Rapp series.

Seems like a weird name for a hero.  Perhaps it has to do with character ownership rights.  I do not imagine very many character name collisions with that moniker.  :)

wraith808:
Having exhausted the available Jack Reacher novels I have been going through the Mitch Rapp series.

Seems like a weird name for a hero.  Perhaps it has to do with character ownership rights.  I do not imagine very many character name collisions with that moniker.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 20, 2021, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like those and have read all of them. Never thought it was a weird name, though. Rapp is a relatively known if not overly so last name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version