ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Dcuppdater.exe crashes multiple times daily in W7...

<< < (4/7) > >>

easye:
 :(. Just tried it, and for me it caused the same issue. Again, the program runs and checks all the installed software. But when I exit DcUpdater. I get a message that it has stopped working. The problem details are as follows:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   DcUppdater.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   00000000
  Fault Module Name:   KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7100.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   49eea60f
  Exception Code:   0eedfade
  Exception Offset:   0000b4f4
  OS Version:   6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   84b3
  Additional Information 2:   84b3678162dd6817be25351f87fdbaf6
  Additional Information 3:   45f5
  Additional Information 4:   45f5d7257a5e5af74d9ee127e8d651ce

--- End quote ---

I wish I could track down what is causing the issue on my side. However, I haven't found anything. It does seem that Windows 7 has some odd issues like this. I recently had another beta application (Evernote) that wouldn't even install on Windows 7. On those forums half the people were able to get it to install correctly and the other half couldn't even get the install to do anything. The developers have not found a solution for that yet.

If there's anything to run on my side that might help you find a pointer to the issue, let me know and I'll be glad to help.

mouser:
ok well someone willing to help test who gets the error reliably is a big aid -- do you mind emailing me ([email protected]) and testing a few versions for me as i try to pin down the cause?

J-Mac:
Same AppCrash issue here too. However I do have the Evernote beta installed - that gave me no problems. (Other than the beta being so poorly designed that I might drop Evernote altogether). But the E-Note installer worked anyway.

I don't know what is different on my box here. Windows 7 Home Premium, clean install on a box that was running XP Pro before. 2.3 GHz AMD Athlon, 4 GB RAM, 2+ TB hard disk space.

Thank you.

Jim

mouser:
is it possible you are all using the same antivirus or some common security application?

J-Mac:
Eset's NOD32 V.4.0.474.0 (Latest build). I also run Malwarebytes scans but not the real-time active scanner. Windows 7 Firewall behind a hardware firewall. I have not logged any events, notifications, etc. with any of those regarding any of my DC apps.

Thank you.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version