ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Request: Left-mouse-click triggers a PrtScr press in the background

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
Thanks, mouser.   :D  The kudos needs to go to Microsoft, however, for providing the window message that makes it easy to do stuff like that.

davidvan:
Skwire, this is awesome!  Thank you so much for such a quick turn-around.  I will test it tomorrow in my work pc...but given the confirmation from mouser (thanks!), I know it will work for me.

One question: what change can I make to the code to have every mouse click trigger the prtscr without clicking on the titlebar?  Is this significantly more difficult to achieve?  Thanks! 

skwire:
You want every left mouse click, no matter where, to trigger a PrintScreen?  If so:

--- Code: AutoIt ---~LButton::{    Send, {PrintScreen}    ; Send, !{PrintScreen} ; Sends an alt-printscreen.}Return

davidvan:
Thank you again.  This is exactly what I was looking for! 

A final question if I may (I promise):

If the mouse click in not on an application window (ie: desktop area, task bar, Start, etc.), can I not trigger the prtscr?  In other words, can I trigger only when a click is in an app window (including the title bar and border)? 

skwire:
This should do it (under XP, at least):

--- Code: AutoIt ---~LButton::{    CoordMode, Mouse, Screen    SetMouseDelay, -1    SetKeyDelay, -1    MouseGetPos, X, Y, hWnd     WinGetClass, myClass, % "ahk_id " . hWnd     If myClass not in Progman,Shell_TrayWnd    {        Send, {PrintScreen}    }}Return

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version