ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anybody else playing with Wave?

<< < (9/10) > >>

Tuxman:
I - personally - would never use anything which resides on Google's servers. Maybe when it is completely open source...

Kamel:
I - personally - would never use anything which resides on Google's servers. Maybe when it is completely open source...
-Tuxman (October 16, 2009, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I tend to agree with this notion more every day. Though, I do use google for a lot of things, I am still quite wary of it. Their style of wanting to become the sole way anyone does anything is taking a search engine way too far.

Tuxman:
A search engine with much quantity and less quality, just to make it complete...

Deozaan:
Not that I've actually used it yet, but the concept seemed very like twitter in that if you're reading everyone you're following... well, you couldn't... so you need to filter somehow. I'm presuming that that will become possible, if not already?
-Perry Mowbray (October 16, 2009, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

You don't really "follow" people like you do in Twitter. You're either in the same wave as someone else, or you're not. Think of it as similar to IRC. You don't see every message your friends on IRC make in any channel. You have to be in the same channel as them to see what they're saying.

Jibz:
If anyone can add me to the DonationCoder wave-athon, my address is jibsen at that googlewave address you all know that ends with a com (regexp that you darn bots, ha!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version