ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can someone remind me why are we using email ?

<< < (4/5) > >>

J-Mac:
and why technology ?

Suddenly I have some doubts....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1212214/Company-enlists-Winston-homing-pigeon-carry-data-transfer--faster-broadband.html

-Whereismyangel (October 14, 2009, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just look at the other articles in the left sidebar to get an idea about what The Mail Online sees as "...all the news that's fit to print..."   :P

Jim

MilesAhead:
Because F-Mail hasn't been declassified?

wraith808:
Because Google Wave isn't into public beta yet.
-Deozaan (October 15, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that what that's for?  I have an account... and still haven't been able to figure out much use for it...
-wraith808 (October 15, 2009, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you watch the 80 minute video on it? Or even the 8 minute video on it?

It's basically e-mail, IM, IRC, a wiki, and Microsoft OneNote all rolled into one, with even more features than what I've mentioned. Or at least that's what it's going to be as it progresses. I agree with you that without other people I know in there with me, it seems pretty barren.
-Deozaan (October 15, 2009, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I watched it.  It was amusing... but I just couldn't see the real use for it- perhaps as you said, it's because of the lack of people using it that I know... and a reason to actually use it.  You don't just need people... you need a project.  And a project that isn't bound by standard corporate sensitivity issues...

Deozaan:
I watched it.  It was amusing... but I just couldn't see the real use for it- perhaps as you said, it's because of the lack of people using it that I know... and a reason to actually use it.  You don't just need people... you need a project.  And a project that isn't bound by standard corporate sensitivity issues...
-wraith808 (October 16, 2009, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with you. Unless you have a purpose to use it, it's fun to play with for a while but ultimately you're left scratching your head wondering how it would benefit you right now. But I also see it another way.

When the laser was first invented, nobody knew what to use it for. It was the answer, but nobody knew the question. These days lasers are so widely used it's hard to imagine what the world would be like without them.

I think the Wave will eventually take off once people start wrapping their minds around the possibilities it enables. Not everyone can see it right now. Myself included. I'm one of those kinds of people who often has a hard time imagining new things, but once an idea is expressed to me it's like the floodgates open and ideas/possibilities start to pour in.

Give it some time. It's going to be huge. But for right now it's not even in beta yet. It's in preview.

bluesear:
Sometimes we use it just because of the lack of communication. Why not make a call?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version