ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can someone remind me why are we using email ?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Paul Keith:
Because it is a common standard and there are still lots of things that can milked about it:

Some examples:

http://lifehacker.com/tag/email-apps/

Posterous

CCBetty

GSpace

Kukoo

GMail Labs

Online Service Registration

Easy Barebones PIM transformation with a few script tweaks.

MilesAhead:
The real reason they are using this method is the message carrier will work for peanuts.
-MilesAhead (October 14, 2009, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

And hopefully wont get any arsenic pop-corn: anyone else remember that Don Martin Cartoon (from MAD)? I've searched, but can't find an image  :(
-Perry Mowbray (October 14, 2009, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's been a long time since I heard that name.  Seems I remember buying books "Don Martin Steps Out" and "Don Martin Bounces Back" or something like that when I was a kid.  Did you ever see the "Russian Roulette" one where the last guy in line shoots through the heads of the previous five?  They thought they had a "lock" on that game.  I remember that one for some reason.

Deozaan:
Because Google Wave isn't into public beta yet.

wraith808:
-Deozaan (October 15, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that what that's for?  I have an account... and still haven't been able to figure out much use for it...

Deozaan:
-Deozaan (October 15, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that what that's for?  I have an account... and still haven't been able to figure out much use for it...
-wraith808 (October 15, 2009, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you watch the 80 minute video on it? Or even the 8 minute video on it?

It's basically e-mail, IM, IRC, a wiki, and Microsoft OneNote all rolled into one, with even more features than what I've mentioned. Or at least that's what it's going to be as it progresses. I agree with you that without other people I know in there with me, it seems pretty barren.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version