ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Hotkey commnads via icons

(1/3) > >>

Earthcoder:
Hello

Is it possiable to have a icon on the bar that will run a hotkey trigger instead of pressing the hotkey.

e.g. I have a notes program (stickies) that when you press Win+S opens a new sticky is it possiable to add this hotkey to the tool bar so you just click a icon and it does the hotkey for you, i would find this very good as have alot of programs that use hotkeys but would much perfer to click a icon that would emulate the pressing of keys.

i have alot of programs that i have hotkeys set too but much perfer to just click a icon for it.

Perry Mowbray:
There's no reason that you couldn't make an AutoHotKey script (or AutoIt3) and add that to the menu.

For example, the following opens the Windows Search window (Windows+f)

--- Code: AutoIt ---Send, #f
You could easily make the scripts specific to specific windows if needed too.

sri:
Isn't it easier to press win+s compared to moving your mouse to the toolbar and clicking on a button?

Perry Mowbray:
Ours is not to wonder why...

mouser:
Isn't it easier to press win+s compared to moving your mouse to the toolbar and clicking on a button?
--- End quote ---

it might be faster to do that -- but if you read his post he basically says he has lots hotkeys and would prefer a visual representation of icons to click instead of having to remember which keys to hit to do what, which makes sense to me.

although i could add support to LBC to send hotkey stuff, i think Perry's suggestion is the best -- download AutoHotkey and write very simple scripts in that, which will allow you to trigger hotkeys but also do all kinds of other stuff easily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version