ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Hotkey commnads via icons

<< < (3/3)

AbteriX:
Maybe you can use the "Arguments:" box at "Application/Command/File/URL" Tab for this issue?

Just add an feature to save this Arguments as temporary file in %tmp%
and give this temp-file as parameter to the app defined in "Application/Command"-field.

After executing delete the file.

AbteriX:
Or maybe better provide an %arg% parameter.

I think about using this %arg% in "Application/Command"-field.

If LBC find %Arg%, the content of the Arguments-field is saved as temp file with an extension given after %arg%
and the placeholder "%arg%.ext" is replaced by the name of this temp file
and the "Application/Command" is executed with this expanded command.

That way i could use
Application/Command: cScript %Arg%.Vbs //B //T:20
execute: cScript %tmp%\xfgskxnnkj.Vbs //B //T:20
or
Application/Command: AutoHotkey.exe [Switches] %Arg%.Ahk [Script Parameters]
execute: AutoHotkey.exe [Switches] %tmp%\iudshjbbf.Ahk [Script Parameters]

bensbush:
Hello,

I am an owner of a slate-pc (tablet without keyboard) and i've been looking for a program that can send hotkeys via icons like for ages.. =)
And what is discussed here really get's pretty close to that, what i'm searching for.
Though i'm not completely sure whether an ahk-script would solve my problem.

Consider this scenario:
A very simple task, that occurs like a thousand times daily. I just want to copy some text from one program to another.
OK. I select the text. I click on the dedicated symbol in LBC. At this moment LBC gets the handle and the ahk-script would send the ctrl+c to LBC and not to the active window, where the selected text is.
Same with pasting the text.

So one disadvantage with this script-solution would be that some special hotkeys for special programs need to be sent directly to that special program.
I think, having symbols that can send keystrokes to the active window is an essential function especially for tablet/slate pc's.
There are countless hotkeys, that could be used, to make life easier on a machine without keyboard. This would boost the handling with tablet/slate pc to a newer level!!
Unfortunately I haven't found one single application yet, that can do this.
Any suggestions??

Regards,
Bensbush

mouser:
At this moment LBC gets the handle and the ahk-script would send the ctrl+c to LBC and not to the active window, where the selected text is.
Same with pasting the text. So one disadvantage with this script-solution would be that some special hotkeys for special programs need to be sent directly to that special program.
--- End quote ---

great point Bensbush!

you have convinced me to look into this -- and i'll see if i can't have LBC be able to send hotkeys, which should be easy, but also remember the last active window and restore it, useful for sending the hotkeys to and also maybe just in general when launching applications it would be better to restore the last window focus before doing so (or at least have an option for that).

mouser:
The ability to simulate hotkeys when pushing a button has now been added to LaunchBar Commander 1.32.01.
It restores the last active window and so can be used to send keys to that window and even paste specific text into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version