ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Who should judge Win7's success?

<< < (8/10) > >>

Tuxman:
Obviously there seems to be a certain interest for things like that.

Stoic Joker:
I would rather say, the "new way of doing things" does not fit anyone's actual work habits, eh?-Tuxman (October 17, 2009, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it is me who is in the minority, but I have fully embraced the new taskbar and start menu in Windows 7. I love the way they work. My taskbar is uncluttered, my start menu works how I want it to....life is good in my corner of the computing universe.-Innuendo (October 18, 2009, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mine too, I'm lovin' the new Win7 UI

Darwin:
I would rather say, the "new way of doing things" does not fit anyone's actual work habits, eh?-Tuxman (October 17, 2009, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it is me who is in the minority, but I have fully embraced the new taskbar and start menu in Windows 7. I love the way they work. My taskbar is uncluttered, my start menu works how I want it to....life is good in my corner of the computing universe.-Innuendo (October 18, 2009, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Stoic Joker (October 18, 2009, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me three! It's evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, in comparison to Vista, but it's been "tweaked" and I like it a lot. The new taskbar and start menu rock  :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
-Stoic Joker (October 18, 2009, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me three! It's evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, in comparison to Vista, but it's been "tweaked" and I like it a lot. The new taskbar and start menu rock  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (October 18, 2009, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
...and me four. The pinning+grouping took a slight bit getting used to, but I find it cleaner and less cluttered.

Innuendo:
But maybe I just haven't figured out exactly how to use it. Here's a question for you, maybe someone has a solution: Assuming there are benefits to spatial memory and association (e.g. the Start menu is always lower-left and you can quickly move your mouse there to activate it at any time), how do you maintain that with the pinned apps on the task bar when the pinned apps move as e.g. several windows of an app to the left of it in the task bar are opened (if merging of app windows is disabled as I prefer).-JavaJones (October 17, 2009, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

An idea for you to try...and I have no idea if this will work but have you tried making use of the Windows Key+1-5 shortcuts which will select the first 5 apps on the Windows 7 taskbar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version