ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Scientists say: Alcohol DOES make people more attractive

(1/5) > >>

Josh:
For the first time, scientists have proven that "beer goggles" are real — other people really do look more attractive to us if we have been drinking.

Surprisingly, the beer goggles effect was not limited to just the opposite sex among the ostensibly straight volunteers recruited for the study — they also rated people from their own sex as more attractive.

Scientists in England gave 84 heterosexual college students chilled lime-flavored drinks that were either non-alcoholic or given a dose of vodka equivalent in alcohol to a large glass of wine or a pint-and-a-half of beer.

After 15 minutes, the volunteers were shown photos of 40 other college students from both sexes.
--- End quote ---

For the results, click here

40hz:
Well, there's an old saying in rock band circles that says: When you're playing in a bar, it's funny how all the girls start looking ten times better just before closing time.

In the interests of equality, lets change the word "girls" to "members of the opposite sex."

No wait...times have changed, so that's not exactly accurate either...

Ok, so let's change the phrase "members of the opposite sex" to "other people sitting in the bar."

Hmm...funny. We went from one word, to five, to six. And somewhere along the way, the meaning of the original joke got lost.

Pretty weird huh? ;D

herneith:
I already knew this and I don't even drink. ::)

Darwin:
I guess I'd better start drinking  :P

MilesAhead:
I wonder if they did a test where you rate something from 1 to 10 before and after getting half sloshed?  I would bet that whether the people giving the rating were more impressed or not they would still give a higher number because the booze makes them less inhibited.  IOW, I still think that skank is ugly but I'll rate her a 3 when drunk and a 2 when I'm sober.. but ask her out never.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version