ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My text file manipulation needs

<< < (7/7)

forkinpm:
Hallo Jody!
I had asked you on a few occasions to tell me what it would cost, but received no reply to the questions.
Now you tell me that it is too complex and you have decided to shelve all activity.
The reply is neither good for your business nor fair to a customer.
I would ask you please to tell me what you will do for what level of payment and I can reduce the complexity with easier, simpler or more short-cut methods, to save your time and my costs.
So please don't cancel the activity.
We can come to an agreement.
Regards, forkinpm.

skwire:
I had asked you on a few occasions to tell me what it would cost, but received no reply to the questions.-forkinpm (October 29, 2009, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did reply to you regarding the cost.  Simply put, there is no cost associated with the code I write on this site.  The code and applications I write for DonationCoder are free.  I'm not employed by DonationCoder in any capacity.  I write Coding Snacks for fun and practice.  That being said, I reserve the right to not write code as well.

Now you tell me that it is too complex and you have decided to shelve all activity.
The reply is neither good for your business nor fair to a customer.-forkinpm (October 29, 2009, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't mean this as rudely as it's going to sound.  I don't have any sort of business, therefore, you are not my customer.  Again, it's not a matter of cost.  It's a matter of time and desire.  I'm gainfully employed elsewhere full-time as a network engineer for a large ISP.  I simply do not have the time or desire to write this full application that you want.

I would ask you please to tell me what you will do for what level of payment and I can reduce the complexity with easier, simpler or more short-cut methods, to save your time and my costs.
So please don't cancel the activity.-forkinpm (October 29, 2009, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Again, I do apologise, but I have no desire to enter into a paying contract in regards to this application you want written.  You may be able to find a programmer willing to take on your project over at RentACoder http://www.rentacoder.com

patforkin:
Hallo!
Though 120 days have elapsed, since the last posts, I am writing this post because I wrote the original posts.
My model has been built using jEdit and I will publish an eBook on the model soon.
I have however developed an interest in simplifying it by transferring it to the language AWK.
I now have cygwin installed under ms-win-xp and have started reshaping some scripts written by others to use.
I would prefer to have a skilled developer on my side.
Anyone with experience in AWK would be most welcome.
Any takers?
Regards, patforkin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version