topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: How much Soda/Energy-Drinks you drink / week?  (Read 21534 times)

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How much Soda/Energy-Drinks you drink / week?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 01:25 PM »
(Yes, I enjoy the taste of almost every energy drink minus red bull).

162884.jpgHow much Soda/Energy-Drinks you drink / week?
Try that one. YUK!
EDIT: hugepic was huge
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:27 PM by scancode »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 03:19 PM »
okay, thanks. i'll give it a try - maybe. i've since been shown a few things about how harmful caffeine can be - so i may just forget about what i said earlier (the caffeine powder i ordered has arrived so i guess i should try it - looks like you can do yourself some harm with it).

I'm reminded of a remedy I got for flu in a small country supermarket about 20 years ago - I think it was called 'Mrs Cullen's Powders' and consisted of powdered aspirin and caffeine that you had to snort - I cant remember, you had to mix it with water I guess :P
It came wrapped in paper like a tiny envelope (also suspicious looking).
Tom

Dell[a]

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm caffeine 8)

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 05:12 AM »
When I say coffee addict.. I mean it  :Thmbsup:
2 double espressos, one in the morning and one at night, and black teas during the day:
Coffee addict on 2 coffees a day? :huh: :-\
Not sure what that makes a lot of the rest of us.

Nice to see that you are a roasting addict though.
Variations in the ambient temperature seem to be a real problem for roasting machines (some more than others). I stopped using roasting machines when my last one stopped working. I was running out of roasted beans and was faced with buying some from the supermarket or going without until I could get a new machine (and which one should I get?) or until I could get to the (very good) local roaster. With my back to the wall, I went for it and tried roasting in a pan. And I've not looked backwards since. Cheap (like nothing at all to buy). Unaffected by ambient temperature. Easy and quick to clean. And, though there is obviously more smell in the kitchen to start with, it goes much quicker; I've never been able to work that one out (I know your solution does this better, but it must have been more work than opening a window or two, and wouldn't work with my current technology). And ultimately, probably a better taste quality - and I've still got a lot of improvements to come in my eyes, ears and timings.

PS - No 'energy' drinks ever. Nor fizzy drinks with sugar or sweeteners.
Just coffee, tea (green, black, herbal), water, fruit juice. Very fussy about coffee (won't bother if it's not close enough to what I like); strong preferences in water (given the option). And a glass of wine sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:23 AM by Dormouse »

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I drink waaaay too much iced tea. A minimum of 6 liters a week if we have it. :\
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

ChalkTrauma

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • ::41554D::
    • View Profile
    • DreamCycle Studios
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Coffee addict on 2 coffees a day? :huh: :-\
Not sure what that makes a lot of the rest of us.

I'm only addicted in the sense that I can't go without it... Not that I need tons of it, but I do need it to be decent..

So I guess in the end, I'm addicted to daily doses of good coffee  :D..

The whole setup wasn't that hard to put together, more planning than actual work.. but the benefits..  :Thmbsup:.. oh man.. I think I need a coffee now.. and I'm at work... Time to break out the Aeropress

'Behold! It is not over unknown seas but back over well-known years that your quest must go; back to the bright strange things of infancy and the quick sun-drenched glimpses of magic that old scenes brought to wide young eyes.'