ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Beta: fSekrit 1.40 needs some abuse!

<< < (5/8) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Fonts work for me in:
Win7 x64
Server 2008 x86
Server 2003 x86
Windows 2000

Program does not run on WinNT ... and I'm guesing you don't care either :)

f0dder:
WinNT as in NT4?

For most development these days, I'd not care about any Windows version below Win2k, and perhaps I'd even accept XP as minimal platform... but I kinda want fSekrit to run basically everywhere, I made some specific code parts for handling Win9x. Not sure if moving to a more recent Visual Studio has messed that up, though - I really need to get 9x, NT4 and Win2k virtual machines set up again.

Thanks for testing the font selection :)

Stoic Joker:
Yes NT4 sp6a, I'd assumed it didn't matter (I never code for anything older then 2k either) but the error was something to the effect of "Program is not a valid Windows NT executable"

f0dder:
Yes NT4 sp6a, I'd assumed it didn't matter (I never code for anything older then 2k either) but the error was something to the effect of "Program is not a valid Windows NT executable"
-Stoic Joker (November 15, 2009, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm thinking that might have to do with the "image load configuration" (which only XP-and-later support) that later versions of Visual Studio add to PE executables; should be ignored on older Windows versions, but some versions are preeeetty picky/peculiar about how they validate executables prior to running.

I probably won't have time to do a VM install before the weekend, but I might have time to produce a test executable with that load-config section nuked, if you care to test it for me :)

Stoic Joker:
Sure I can do that.

I'm still using MSVS2005 which has the option (enabled by default) Make Win98 compatable exe. So MSVS2008 calls it something else (and disables it ('bout time really)) ... or am I totally of base.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version