ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Beta: fSekrit 1.40 needs some abuse!

<< < (4/8) > >>

Writer:
One problem with fSekrit I have found is that it uses a new name everytime it opens. I understand this is is required. However, there are times when it is necessary to inform clipboard viewers that you do NOT want it to capture the clipboard update.

While you're making changes to the code, would you be able to implement this flag too:
http://www.clipboardextender.com/developing-clipboard-aware-programs-for-windows/ignoring-clipboard-updates-with-the-cf_clipboard_viewer_ignore-clipboard-format

f0dder:
One problem with fSekrit I have found is that it uses a new name everytime it opens. I understand this is is required. However, there are times when it is necessary to inform clipboard viewers that you do NOT want it to capture the clipboard update.-Writer (November 08, 2009, 12:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do have to add that random part to the filename - petition your clipboard software developers to add wildcard matching to it's ignore list? :)

While you're making changes to the code, would you be able to implement this flag too:
http://www.clipboardextender.com/developing-clipboard-aware-programs-for-windows/ignoring-clipboard-updates-with-the-cf_clipboard_viewer_ignore-clipboard-format-Writer (November 08, 2009, 12:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting idea - thing is, I don't do any handling of the clipboard myself, but let the RichEdit control handle it. I could take over and do all this handling manually, but I'm not sure it's worth it...

Writer:
I understand your reluctance to touch clipboard control. I use Clipmate, and the developer doesn't want to implement wildcard matching. Well...

f0dder:
I understand your reluctance to touch clipboard control. I use Clipmate, and the developer doesn't want to implement wildcard matching. Well...-Writer (November 08, 2009, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Seems a bit arrogant to introduce a clipboard format extension for other people to use, but not wanting to implement a 5-minute wildcard matching - you say it already has the capability to do (non-wildcard) blocking?

It's not that I think the clipboard blocking thing is a bad idea as such, at least not if "all the relevant people" support it. It's just that it's a somewhat-considerable amount of extra work for something that's handled entirely automatically right now :)

f0dder:
Beta #3 added :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version