ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

Beta: fSekrit 1.40 needs some abuse!

(1/8) > >>

f0dder:
After almost two years of inactivity, and being embarrassed by reproducable data loss, I finally kicked my own butt around a bit. This beta needs some heavy testing, since I reworked the file-save logic. It should be a lot more robust now, but because of the changes it definitely needs some beating around.

1.40 BETA5:

* fixed: Read-only notes should be a lot more sane - changed to "Save As Read-only"
* fixed: NT4 and Win9x support should be back again.
1.40 BETA4:

* fixed: font selection dialog initialized to show current font selection.
* added: recognition and hyperlinking of URLs.
1.40 BETA3:

* fixed: font selection dialog should work on all Windows versions now (*crosses fingers*)
* added: "portable mode" - create a file called "fSekrit.portable" in the same folder as your fSekrit document, and %TEMP% won't be used for the temporary-editor-executable.
1.40 BETA2:

* added:  font selection dialog, no longer do you need to much around with the registry to set another default font.  The font is still not stored in your document, though, and is single global per-user registry setting.
1.40 BETA1:

* fixed:  long-standing bug where failing to save changes when closing fSekrit with a modified document would cause fSekrit to exit, rather than notifying of error and let user attempt to save again.
* fixed:  saves are *finally* done properly, by saving to a temporary file and replacing the current file only when all the file writing business is done.

mouser:
new version! good fixes too.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

rgdot:
Thanx f0dder

f0dder:
Beta#2 added

insertnamehere:
So I fiddled with bets2 for a little while and noticed a couple things.

The make read-only command -> it only makes it read only until you close the file. Should this command be modifying the properties of the file so that it stays as read-only or is this made to just protect it from changes after you have it open? (which needs to be repeated every time it's opened)

If the file is set to read-only from the properties menu in windows, when you go to save it dumps a "fsk****.tmp" file in the same location as the executable. I'm assuming this is normal. I expected it to fail saving since it was set to read only, this is just an observation.

The choose font.. command does not see any of my fonts. I receive a message saying There are no fonts installed. Open the Fonts folder from the Control Panel to install fonts.

There's a chance Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2 no longer detects the temp file created in "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\" directory as a trojan but I need to verify this which I will do later on today. (on windows xp sp3)

This was tested on Vista Business SP2 x86.

Thanks f0dder!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version