ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

At last: MP3 Lossless!!!

<< < (10/16) > >>

Curt:
[... When MP3's lossy codec replacement comes along, and believe me sooner or later it will as progress is inevitable, ...-Innuendo (November 13, 2009, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't got the slightest idea what progress you are talking about! Is it the "progress" from 1411 kbps, to 320 kbps, to 64 kbps, to 22 kbps, or what??? In case you didn't notice, the quality has been constantly FALLING every year for twenty five years; there has been absolutely NO "progress"! Each and every manufactory is working at heir hardest to get lower quality, not higher.

:-[

In case you cannot tell, I am not happy with the audiophile situation.   ;)

Tuxman:
Each and every manufactory is working at heir hardest to get lower quality, not higher.-Curt (November 13, 2009, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
... which is multiplied with a constant factor every time something gets "remastered", see the latest Beatles remasters with the cut-off peaks...

Lashiec:
I haven't got the slightest idea what progress you are talking about! Is it the "progress" from 1411 kbps, to 320 kbps, to 64 kbps, to 22 kbps, or what??? In case you didn't notice, the quality has been constantly FALLING every year for twenty five years; there has been absolutely NO "progress"!
-Curt (November 13, 2009, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

But that's bitrate, not quality. Quality has been improving over the years, that is, bigger quality at smaller bitrates. If music sounds worse, it's not because of lossy codecs (at least not directly), but the music industry, full of dumbasses who don't know any better about sound quality, or music for that matter <_<

Innuendo:
... which is multiplied with a constant factor every time something gets "remastered", see the latest Beatles remasters with the cut-off peaks...-Tuxman (November 13, 2009, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep....Loudness war.

Stupid music industry...

Innuendo:
I haven't got the slightest idea what progress you are talking about! Is it the "progress" from 1411 kbps, to 320 kbps, to 64 kbps, to 22 kbps, or what??? In case you didn't notice, the quality has been constantly FALLING every year for twenty five years; there has been absolutely NO "progress"! Each and every manufactory is working at heir hardest to get lower quality, not higher.-Curt (November 13, 2009, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean...there are even some online music you can buy in FLAC form so I'm not sure where you are getting that quality is falling. Please elaborate as I must be misunderstanding/missing your point, Curt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version