ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best PLAY-LIST EDITOR, please?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Curt:
- ouch, ashwken, ouch! You know, sometimes....:

Within the last couple of weeks I have deleted 2.300 album playlists, each placed inside the respective album's folder, each list's content sorted per track number, - because I hated them!

Well, well.

Sorry I can't help  you on this. I didn't create these playlists; my (commercial) music supplier did.

ashwken:
- ouch, ashwken, ouch! You know, sometimes....:

Within the last couple of weeks I have deleted 2.300 album playlists, each placed inside the respective album's folder, each list's content sorted per track number, - because I hated them!
-Curt (November 02, 2009, 05:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
I hear you, and realize that my current "need" is a bit out of the ordinary. I've returned my attention to Music Collector and it has a feature for Linking a playlist with an Album, which is why I started looking for this type of tool.

The SnapPlay looks like it can do the job, but it still fails to launch on my system at home, have dropped the author a note.

Re: your original post

You mentioned the problem of having to re-read your library everytime you wanted to generate a playlist, not sure but you might want to look for something that builds a media library within the program. Foobar does this, but I've only started to explore it. I've also seen mention of a couple of other programs that claimed this feature but I couldn't point you to anything specific.

Curt:
Playlist Creator ... doesn't tell the accumulated play-time, 'duration'.
-Curt (October 05, 2009, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Curt, have you thought about emailing the author and requesting that feature?
-skwire (October 05, 2009, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
... I took your advice  and wrote the author.  :up:-Curt (October 05, 2009, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The author didn't answer me, but now the next version has been launched, and the requested "always show total playtime"-feature has not yet been implemented.

I didn't like the free J. River 12, so I am still looking for a playlist editor ;-)

Curt:
... I've returned my attention to Music Collector
-ashwken (November 02, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you chose to stay with Music Collector Pro, this new site will give you a modest $10 rebate, making it $40 : http://rebateupdates.com/RebateDetails.aspx?idRebate=3

Curt:
The SnapPlay ... fails to launch on my system at home, have dropped the author a note.
-ashwken (November 02, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

- bugs should preferably be reported at http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5950

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version