ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best PLAY-LIST EDITOR, please?

(1/5) > >>

Curt:
Tell me what you think is The Best playlist editor, please!

At the same time I would very much like you to tell, if your favourite playlist editor is any 'CLEVER' !

My music collection is some 40.000 files, and whenever I wanted to create a playlist, I ran into the same kind of problems: some editors don't support drag&drop from Explorer, or don't remember what files I have, so they need to load and read the content of 40.000 files each time I open the program (what an extreme waste of time!), or they are only able to list the files in the same order the files were added (stupid stupid stupid!), or they won't tell the duration of my playlist (= important feature!), or some other mis-features I cannot remember right now.

:tellme:

Edited:

But this thread should not be about my need (only), but about the general question:
What's the Best PlayList Editor out there? , and why? :tellme:

lanux128:
i haven't had much use for this tool but maybe you can have a try at Playlist Creator 3.6.

Create playlists of your favorite music in seconds. Supports drag and drop, readout of tags from all media files, a large number of predefined file types, user-defined file types, open and edit existing playlists, etc.-website
--- End quote ---

• http://www.oddgravity.de/products.php

Curt:
Playlist Creator is very fine because it is so easy to use. In many ways I think this Michael is just the kind of sodtware author that I like the best. For my own needs I have chosen to look for another tool as this one doesn't tell the accumulated play-time, 'duration'.
But otherwise a thumb up: :up:

Any other capable playlist editors out there?  :tellme:

skwire:
Curt, have you thought about emailing the author and requesting that feature?

skwire:
Also, my own PlayTime will parse a playlist file and show the total time of the list.  Depending on what you want out of a playlist editor application, perhaps I can extend PlayTime (or create an entirely new app) to cover your needs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version