ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DIY - Home made in-car camera mount

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
The situation eventually got resolved to no one's complete satisfaction.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad I didn't invest a lot in cameras and lenses.  I tried taking a few pics just walking around my neighborhood, like an interesting looking tree or flower or sunset or whatever.  As soon as somebody sees something more than a point and shoot camera they think insurance investigator or something.  Probably the only thing that would stir up more paranoia would be one of those shoulder cams like the TV News types use.  It's not worth the stress.  :(

40hz:
Maybe next time I'll just bring a sketch pad...

But then I'd probably get accused of loitering...

Ah forget it!  :-\

Going forward maybe I'll just use Vue5 Easel, Blender, PSP, and some "web swipes."

So long SLR. Hello CGI!!! :P

MilesAhead:
I suppose what you could do is wear a hat that says Guiness Book or World Records.  Then people would invite you in and demand to show you how many quarters they could swallow in one gulp.  They'd let you photograph anything then. If anyone asks you just say you don't work for them but was hoping to get a free book if you wore the hat. :)

40hz:
I suppose what you could do is wear a hat that says Guiness Book or World Records.  Then people would invite you in and demand to show you how many quarters they could swallow in one gulp.  They'd let you photograph anything then. If anyone asks you just say you don't work for them but was hoping to get a free book if you wore the hat. :)
-MilesAhead (October 05, 2009, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it was Terry Pratchette who said that even though it's frightening what people will do for money, even more frightening is what they'll do for free.

MilesAhead:
That's a good line.  I noticed a similar thing about devices/programs/products/services .. if you give the thing to the person for nothing, they'll never stop griping.  If you charge them a month's salary, then wow!! It must be valuable!! After all, look how much they paid for it!!  :)

Somebody told me the way to make a customer happy is double the price, then give them 10% off.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version