ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Security Essentials

<< < (26/28) > >>

cranioscopical:
I keep thinking about the 15 months left on my household license for VIPRE
-Darwin (November 26, 2010, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Simply remove the third letter from 'months.'

Stoic Joker:
I'm SERIOUSLY tempted to try the beta of MSE 2 on my main notebook. The resource hogging issue has returned and I really don't care about the firewall-Darwin (November 26, 2010, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using the MSE beta 2 for a few months and even with the automated scans allowed/running I hardly notice it's there. I did see it fp on one of its own update files once...but I needed a laugh that day anyhow. Other than that it has worked perfectly at all times.

tomos:
fact is that I'm the result of the union of two lineages: one Yorkshire/Darbyshire and the other Scottish/Northumberland and I keep thinking about the 15 months left on my household license for VIPRE  :o
-Darwin (November 26, 2010, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure you're not Canadian at all then Mike :p ;-)

I actually bought a years 'supply' of Vipre in the sales ages ago & never used it (it's supposed to start only when registered but at this stage I'll probably just use MSE when the occasion arises...)

Darwin:
I'm SERIOUSLY tempted to try the beta of MSE 2 on my main notebook. The resource hogging issue has returned and I really don't care about the firewall-Darwin (November 26, 2010, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using the MSE beta 2 for a few months and even with the automated scans allowed/running I hardly notice it's there. I did see it fp on one of its own update files once...but I needed a laugh that day anyhow. Other than that it has worked perfectly at all times.
-Stoic Joker (November 26, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry - I posted in haste... I meant the resource hogging I have experienced intermittently with GFI's VIPRE...

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (November 26, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry - I posted in haste... I meant the resource hogging I have experienced intermittently with GFI's VIPRE...
-Darwin (November 26, 2010, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed (that's how I took it), I was just tossing in another endorsement for MSE to enhance your temptation... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version