ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

BoomerApp.com - New Software Rebates Website from BitsDuJour

<< < (4/4)

iconico:
The point is that unless the local currency check is issued by your LOCAL bank or the LOCAL branch of the Foreign bank, you are still at the mercy of your local bank and the foreign bank involved.
-patteo (October 20, 2009, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks so much for posting this, I want to clarify everything, and I just had a long conversation on the phone with the head of RebateDelivery so that I know I'm saying the right thing.

For the following countries we send you get paid directly using electronic funds transfer or bank transfer in local currencies from a local bank:

Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Martinique, Netherlands, Poland, RĂ©union, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, United Kingdom

For the following countries we send you get paid directly by check in local currencies from a local bank:

Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Guyana, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden

So in Singapore, for example, the consumer gets a Singapore bank check (from ABN AMRO Bank, a Singaporean Bank) in Singapore Dollars.

In Australia, you're being paid in Australian dollars, from an Australian bank, not an Austrailian branch of a US bank.

So for all these countries listed above there should be no bank fees, and there is no currency conversion, and you're being paid from a bank in that country.

The only International case where we do send out a USD check is to the "Limited Support Countries", which are those not listed above, they're on the FAQ and a very long list which I don't want to spam here. As you can see, these probably represent only a small fraction of purchasers.

I'll be updating our FAQs to properly reflect this. Thanks for raising such an important point, I hope I've clarified it.

iconico:
FYI: In Australia we use NAB (National Australian Bank).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version