ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Close multiple instances of the same program (but not the others)

(1/2) > >>

jdd:
There are occasions when I have to open many instances of the same program such as 10 Excel spreadheets or 25 jpg files.  I would like to request an ahk that would only close the many instances of the selected program but NOT the other programs that are also open.

Thanks,
jdd

housetier:
afaik you can select those tasks in the taskbar with ctrl+leftclick. Then you can right-click on any of the selected tasks and choose "close".

jdd:
Except that the tasks can only be closed one at a time so it's a nuisance to close 25 instances of the same program by making 25 right-click and close gestures. :down:

housetier:
yes using "my way" there would only be one right-click and close. I am not exactly sure how to select those tasks in the taskbar: last time I really used windows was when Win2k came out...

lanux128:
you can try Skrommel's CloseMany, which can close multiple programs or services at once. you can click on the header to sort and select multiple items to close quickly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version