ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RSS Reader?

(1/11) > >>

Jibz:
Hi,

I'm looking for a good RSS feed reader. I've used Feedreader for a while, which I have been quite happy about, but thought it might be nice to see what other options there are :up:.

I understand FeedDemon and SharpReader are also popular.

What are your recommendations?

tenseiken:
I also use Feedreader, and I'm reasonably happy with it.  An RSS reader isn't something I'm willing to pay for though, so FeedDemon is out of the question for me.  SharpReader looks better anyway, to be honest...

Jibz:
The main thing I wasn't so happy about with feedreader was that there was no way to get an overview of all new items other than clicking through each feed to see. I can see they've added something to do this now, albeit somewhat simplistic.

Rss Bandit also looks promising .. though it's .NET like SharpReader.

zridling:
I've been using FeedDemon through a full version now and I've come to appreciate its clean interface, customizability, and features like podcasting and the ability to shut down scripts, ads, ActiveX, etc. Lots of different templates to allow you to read your feeds in any way you prefer.

Jibz:
I installed the demo of FeedDemon, and the interface is quite nice.

I couldn't find any options to control scripts, ads or ActiveX though .. where do you do that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version