ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win7: Anyone else getting excited?

<< < (17/18) > >>

40hz:

How do you work that out? If $1=£0.62 that means MS charge £1 in the UK so we pay $1.61 for the same item (give or take a cent). Doesn't looklike much of a discount to me.

-Carol Haynes (October 18, 2009, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get that figure by being half awake (up all night last night and today getting a group of servers installed), and watching two other screens while typing, that's how. ;D

Thanks for catching me committing one of the most basic of arithmetic errors. :Thmbsup:

-----

Re: MAPS subscription

I have that too. I'm running 8 copies each of Windows and Office, along with several of the server products, so it's a very good deal for me.

Ath:
On the True Launch Bar issues: It's not at all clear what most of you are saying that 'it doesn't work as a QuickLaunch replacement'?
I installed Win7 Ultimate x64 freshly on my Vista Enterprise x86 system, and moved all documents and settings over to my new install. I just installed all the apps I needed, including TLB 4.4 x64, and I have my TLB toolbar added to the taskbar just as I had it from Win 98, when I first bought it.
This is my taskbar with TLB at double height and small taskbar buttons:

Or am I missing some point?

Innuendo:
On the True Launch Bar issues: It's not at all clear what most of you are saying that 'it doesn't work as a QuickLaunch replacement'?-Ath (November 07, 2009, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I wrote that it was true at the time. There was no option in the Toolbars menu for the taskbar to add TrueLaunchBar to the taskbar. Yuri (the author) at the time said he was working hard on a fix because the new Super Task Bar changed the way things worked.

Your screenshot shows the little genius must have figured it out. I'll have to run off and download the latest version & give it a play.

Innuendo:
I just went and downloaded TrueLaunchBar v4.42 Beta and I can confirm the taskbar toolbar is back! Having to run it in stand-alone mode just wasn't the same.

Curt:
True Launch Bar v4.4.4 beta released.
I have never had any problems with the beta versions from True Launch bar.

The current beta version 4.4.4 must be much faster especially if you are using the skins. We optimized the virtual folders processing, so TLB will load virtual folder faster then previous versions. Also we've redesigned the way True launch Bar working with the icons. Now True Launch Bar uses much less the GDI resources. This is especially important for Windows 7 users.

What's new:
* Added the options for minimum menu width and height
* 13 buttons can be added on the menu caption to perform some
operation with menu or to open the context menus
* Improved skins format
* Improved performance with the skin
* Some minor improvements

Fixed:
* Arrows now changes on the pressing the toolbar button
* Cut the text of the buttons on some conditions
* Crash on clicking the scroll bar when tooltips are disabled
* The last columns of the lists are zero sized by default
* The layout lost on renaming the subfolders inside the virtual
folders
* The bottom position of the scroll bar
* The "default columns" option is ignored

The search box
We've added the search box support. This looks and works like the search box in the Windows Vista/7. Press CTRL+F, type the part of the name you want to find and True Launch Bar will find the shortcuts

Download: http://download.truelaunchbar.com/install/truelaunchbar444-beta.exe
More information: http://www.truelaunchbar.com/beta/index.html

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version