ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to reassign monitor numbering in dual-monitor setup (XP)?

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
Someone really really really needs to make a program that will allow users to manually reassign monitor numbers on Windows.  No cable changing, no workarounds with monitor placements in the display properties.  Actual, real reassignment of the monitor numbering.  As in, "I want this monitor to be #1".  All the workarounds are frustrating and a pain in the butt.

steeladept:
That, I believe, would have to necessarily rest in the hands of either Microsoft or the individual driver writers - probably a little of both!

superboyac:
Yeah, probably.  I imagine the drivers for the more crazy multi-monitor setups are handled much better.  Let's say you have a 20 monitor setup.  I can't imagine assigning monitor numbers is this lame.  Can you imagine??  If monitor #18 and 19 were not in the right place?  You'd have to switch the cables and/or physically switch the monitor positions.  And then you'd have the problem of which was the primary one and where the startbar would appear.  There's no way they don't have a better way of doing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version