ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone else hosting a Windows 7 launch party?!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hirudin:
Surely he meant what we know as a projector. Even though I consider myself a projector expert the first thing that popped into my head was "BMW" as well.

Another one I like is that "torch" and "flashlight" sometimes have the same meaning.

johnh10000:
Title says it all (or most of it, anyway) - I applied to host a Win7 launch party and was "selected". WTF?! Now what do I do?! Anyone else in the same boat? I figure that there must be at least a couple of other hosts out there in Cody-land and I'd like to hear from you.
-Darwin (September 25, 2009, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well b4 anyone laughs,I applied, as my girlfriend is running the RC, much better than vista.

I was accepted too.

Hwhat am I doing?  A virtual party of course!

my usuall web is http://tux.isa-geek.org
party web is  http://win7party.isa-geek.org

Its not finished yet, if anyone has any ideas for what else I could do with it let me know.

jgpaiva:
johnh10000: the site you linked to has a low WOT reputation.
Furthermore, the "virtual party" linked in the site has absolutely nothing to do with windows 7.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

johnh10000:
johnh10000: the site you linked to has a low WOT reputation.
Furthermore, the "virtual party" linked in the site has absolutely nothing to do with windows 7.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
-jgpaiva (September 26, 2009, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is a WOT reputation?   Ok what am I tring to achive?  As MS or was it Houseparty, said there may be media intrest, so I had to do something.  I run Ubuntu servers, as have a helath dislike for MS.

I only linked there as it was the first virtual party site I found.  I'm thinking about a virtual bar, as we have achatroom, etc.

any ideas?

jgpaiva:
Wot means web of trust.
However, I can see how the sites get a bad reputation. They have a dynamic DNS, thus if any of the sites hosted under that specific dns get a bad rating, all of the sites get a bad reputation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version