ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox - new window - can you remember the google search you opened with

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
I don't know how helpful Findbar Tweak is.  But it looks interesting.  I'm going to try it.

MilesAhead:
Not sure if I like it.  But one thing different, if you search and highlight all, you can go to a different tab.  Do different searches.  Close the find bar.  When you coma back to the tab the highlights are still there and you can F3 down them.  By default it targets in like when you have your mouse set to target the pointer when you release the control key.  That was disconcerting.  But it's easily disabled.  It has some nice features.  Only time will tell if it has funky side-effects.

Innuendo:
Miles, I've been using Findbar Tweak for a few months now & while it took a little getting used to I have come to rely on it & I love having all the instances of the term I'm searching for 'marked' in the vertical scroll bar area of the window.

There have been reports of some funky side-effects, but I must not do anything too weird or strenuous with my searches as I  haven't noticed any side-effects at all with my usage.

MilesAhead:
Miles, I've been using Findbar Tweak for a few months now & while it took a little getting used to I have come to rely on it & I love having all the instances of the term I'm searching for 'marked' in the vertical scroll bar area of the window.

There have been reports of some funky side-effects, but I must not do anything too weird or strenuous with my searches as I  haven't noticed any side-effects at all with my usage.
-Innuendo (January 01, 2014, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think chrome does that by default.  The hit hash marks. So far I like it.  One thing I hated in the vanilla find bar was lack on hit indicator.  The word would not be in Red so I knew I had a hit.. but still had to hunt for it or keep clicking up/down until I could see it.  This is much nicer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version